Become a Volunteer Mentor Artist!
The Unusual Suspects Theatre Company is seeking mentors for our writing and performance workshops. We are looking for volunteers that are committed to giving back to the community and enjoy working with youth. While experience and/or interest in theatre, acting or writing are helpful, it is not necessary. Help facilitate the education and growth of middle and high school students in Los Angeles County, and you may even discover a little about yourself in the process!
What is a Volunteer Mentor Artist?
“The experience was challenging (in the best possible sense) and deeply rewarding. If you are ever in need of volunteers for upcoming programs, count me in!” --Henry, Volunteer Mentor
- A supporter that expresses belief in the small and large accomplishments of our youth, and conveys warmth and care for their ideas and concerns to help build their self-esteem.
- A leader that sets high expectations and encourages excellence in leadership development.
- An active performing arts workshop participant who plays theatre games and exercises led by US teaching artists, designed to strengthen the listening, critical thinking, cooperative learning and social skills in our youth.
- A role-model who provides young people with support, counsel, friendship, reinforcement and a constructive example.
But wait, there’s more!
If mentoring is not for you, there are a variety of other ways to support The Unusual Suspects in helping to reach lives in underserved communities.
We could also use volunteer help in any of the following areas:
At our Performances
- Actor Volunteer: Perform in a Page Play (a presentation of our participants' original play by professional actors with scripts).
- Front of House Volunteer: Help out with reservations, ushering, or selling merchandise.
- Production Volunteer: Support the technical and production aspects of the shows.
- Recording Volunteer: Videotape or photograph a performance or workshop.
In our Office
- Administrative Volunteer: Provide administrative assistance helping us with clerical duties around the office and learning the inside ropes of running a theatre company.
- Services Volunteer: Volunteer your professional services by providing pro-bono consulting in your area of expertise (i.e. marketing, PR, fundraising, grant writing, special events, graphic design, accounting, Filemaker, etc).
In our Audience
If you are interested in volunteering please fill out the following downloadable form and send along with a resume to email@example.com.
- Be an audience member. Volunteer just two hours of your day to attend one of our youth performances. Audiences are an integral part of the workshop experience for our youth. When they see friends, family, and people they don’t even know support them, they often experience, what is for many, the first sense of accomplishment and positive social reinforcement that they have ever had. Spread the word to friends and family and show our youth that the community cares and is willing to support them in their endeavors! Click Here for upcoming show information!
UNUSUAL SUSPECTS THEATRE COMPANY | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED 2009,2010,2011
617 S. Olive Street, Suite 812 | Los Angeles, CA 90014 | Tel:
213.488.8488 Fax: 213.488.8498 | firstname.lastname@example.org